Post from poptart
When I was in 7th grade, someone or something let me on to this thing called a rave. I didn't know what it was exactly, but I knew I could find like minded people at one. I wore beaded bracelets up to my elbows before I ever really knew what a rave was and loved highly electronically influenced music. I found out I could find these things at one of those rave parties. I found a patch at "On-Cue" that said "Rave". I bought it and put it on my backpack.
I could probably go on and on about my thoughts and feeling about "the rave." It's a love/hate relationship for me. But I will never lose sight of how much it has changed my life and how many wonderful people I have met because of the rave. I met my husband at the rave and most of the friends I have today...
So I rave because:
1. I have a passion for edm and shaking my tailfeathers.
2. I like most of the people I meet at the rave. No one can deny that there are some pretty shitty people at raves, but I think a good lot of them are decent.
3. I like the feeling of unity between so many different types of people. It might only be for that night and I don't even feel it all the time anymore, sometimes I feel like an outsider, but I know it can exist and that is pretty powerful.
4. I like the feeling of people accepting people and not being too judgemental. Again, this might only be for that night, but at least the feeling is there.
5. I like going to raves more than I do bars or clubs most of the time. I have never been sleezed on at the rave, but I have had really sleezy guys approach me at the bar/club..the only guy who was ever sleezy to me, I married! I also feel safer at the rave than out at some bar/club.
...there's a lot of other crap, but I'm at work and should do work and not bore people with my TL;DR post!