Main MessageBoard / Music /

ds1385
http://blogs.laweekly.com/westcoastsound/2012/02/dave_grohl_grammy_speech_edm_electronic_dance_music.php

shadowstarr
That speech was awesome!

whats this?
JodoKaast
"All music must have vocals! If it ain't rock, it ain't right!"

That's kind of all I heard..

Although I agree with him on
learning to play an instrument and learning to do your craft, that's the most important thing for people to do.

It's just that he fails to realize that hardware and software synthesizers and DAWs are instruments in their own right. And considerably more complex than his guitar or drum set.

It's not about being perfect, it's not about sounding absolutely correct, it's not about what goes on in a computer. It's about what goes on in here [your heart] and what goes on in here [your head].

And you could say the exact same thing about playing guitar or drums. That sentiment would be exactly the same if I said "It's not about being perfect, it's not about sounding absolutely correct, it's not about what goes on in your guitar. It's about what goes on in here [your heart] and what goes on in here [your head]."

TBOT3001
i think yall missed the point.  he was refering to studio magic that bands use to make their music sound better as opposed to him recording his album in his garage.  i dont think he was slighting edm at all.  more slighting bands that rely too much on making everything on there album sound studio perfect.

J
Dave Grohl on any instrument is pretty much as accurate as any piece of hardware.  He's basically saying everyone is a bitch.  Considering he's dave Grohl, I'll ride with that.

SARA
Post from JDave Grohl on any instrument is pretty much as accurate as any piece of hardware.  He's basically saying everyone is a bitch.  Considering he's dave Grohl, I'll ride with that.

yeah, pretty much haha

CUTUPS
It's clearly not RE: EDM, from my reading of what he said.

LA Weekly seems to have some of the dumbest writers out there.

SHOWS >> 1.20 BASS THERAPY w/ Cutups, Keeb$ + @ Levels Southside | 1.27 MUSTARD PIMP @ Altar Bar | 2.2 LAZERCRUNK w/ Thunder St. Clair & Tracksploitation @ Brillobox | 2.4 ILLUSIONS w/ Mascara & Rivka @ Cattivo
TBOT3001
Post from JDave Grohl on any instrument is pretty much as accurate as any piece of hardware.  He's basically saying everyone is a bitch.  Considering he's dave Grohl, I'll ride with that.

real talk, nigga.

ds1385
Lol well they got a lot of hate mail for this article. Here is Dave Grohl's clarification, along with LA Weekly's response.

http://blogs.laweekly.com/westcoastsound/2012/02/dave_grohl_grammy_davemau5_dea.php

CUTUPS
Ha, I like how Grohl made a totally logical clarification, and the writer still took it the wrong way.  What a dolt.

SHOWS >> 1.20 BASS THERAPY w/ Cutups, Keeb$ + @ Levels Southside | 1.27 MUSTARD PIMP @ Altar Bar | 2.2 LAZERCRUNK w/ Thunder St. Clair & Tracksploitation @ Brillobox | 2.4 ILLUSIONS w/ Mascara & Rivka @ Cattivo

Main MessageBoard / Music /
SITE LINKS
Marketing
About Us
Privacy
Legal
SITE HELP
Contact Us
FOLLOW US
Lolli.org on Facebook Facebook
Lolli.org on Twitter Twitter
Lolli.org RSS Feed RSS Feed
NAVIGATION
Events
Msgboard
Mixes (New)
Mixes (Top)
Music Genres

Marketing
Artists
Interviews & Articles
Photo Gallery
Contests
Who We Are
New Mixes Top Mixes Genres
Member Stats
Interviews and Articles Photo Gallery Contests Who We Are
My Messages My Pics My Events My Artists & Mixes Account Settings Customize Lolli Logout